New York, November 17, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – Reportlinker.com Announces Release of Global Omega-3 Market Report By Type, Source, Application, Region, Country: Market Insights, Covid -19 Impact, Competition and Forecast (2020-2025) “- https://www.reportlinker.com/p05982325/?utm_source=GNW
Rising geriatric population, high blood pressure and unhealthy lifestyle are the factors driving the market. Krill, the largest biomass in the world and a unique source of protein, is the superior source of omega-3. Therefore, the increasing importance of the marine source of omega-3 nutrients, mainly krill oil, tablets and capsules, to skin health and sports nutrition products was also expected to fuel the growth of the omega-3 oil market in the forecast period 2020-2025.
In the Type segment, omega-3 fatty acids DHA is expected to have the largest market share due to its increased use in infant formula due to the presence of eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), which improve the mental health of newborns. In addition, the increasing use of krill oil to maintain pet health and other human diseases is propelling the market. In addition, the COVID-19 pandemic has led to production disruptions. However, Aker BioMarine, the global leader in omega-rich krill oil, has not had a material impact from Covid-19 as the company has taken steps to mitigate a significant negative impact on the company. The setting of new standards for technology and sustainability in krill harvest by krill harvest companies and the increasing demand for phytonutrients should support the omega-3 market over the forecast period.
Based on the Source segment, Marine Source had the greatest market share and value over the historical period as it includes the consumption of krill, salmon, kelp and other marine animals for human consumption, aquaculture and pet food benefits.
Based on the application segment, nutritional supplements hold the largest market share and value in the historical period as it ensures the supply of vital nutrients for the essentials for the human body. Rising incidences of cardiovascular disease due to sedentary lifestyle and fluctuating eating habits are the factors increasing the importance of omega-3 based nutraceuticals in the market during the forecast period.
America is the largest market for omega-3 fatty acids among regions because of the primary demand for krill and related products. Factors such as the increasing number of patients with chronic heart disease, the increasing diabetic population and blood pressure disorders are driving the omega-3 market in the region. In addition, the market is expected to be fueled primarily by the increasing diversification of the product portfolio by leading manufacturers in order to better serve consumer demand. In addition, the Asia-Pacific region is expected to have the highest CAGR due to increasing awareness of omega nutrients, increasing patient populations, and high infant formula use, as well as the demand for increased pet food in the region.
Scope of the report
• The report analyzes the Omega-3 market by value.
• The report analyzes the Omega-3 Market by Type (EPA, DHA, ALA).
• The report rates the Omega-3 market by source (marine, plant).
• The report rates the Omega-3 market by application (dietary supplements, pharmaceuticals, infant formula, pet food, etc.).
• The global omega-3 oil market was analyzed by regions (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific) and countries (USA, Canada, Mexico, Chile, Germany, Spain, China, South Korea, Japan, Australia).
• The key takeaways from the report were presented by highlighting the market appeal by type, source, application and region. In addition, the most important opportunities, trends, drivers and challenges, mergers and acquisitions in the industry were analyzed in the report.
• The companies analyzed in the report include Cargill, AlgiSys, DSM, Croda International plc, Omega-Protein, Orkla ASA, BASF, GC Rieber, Oleva-Fischöle and Pharma Marine AS and Aker BioMarine.
• The report provides the analysis of the omega-3 oil market for the historical period 2015-2019 and the forecast period 2020-2025.
Main target group
• Omega-3 brands
• Krill Oil Companies
• Consulting and advisory companies
• Government and policy makers
• Investment banks and private equity firms
• Regulatory authorities
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p05982325/?utm_source=GNW
Via report linker
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you can get all the market research you need in one place, instantly.